Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region (HFHWR) was founded by a group of passionate volunteers in 1988. To ensure that this passion remains at the heart of our mission, we need motivated and disciplined leadership. As a result, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping low-income, hard-working families achieve homeownership who wish to become members of our organization. This is an excellent opportunity to have voice concerning HFHWR's future direction, and to impact this community in a meaningful way.
Become a member!
Members play an integral role in the governance of HFHWR, and are a distinct grouping because members have important legal rights and obligations as determined by legislation governing not-for-profit corporations. These rights include, among other things, the right to:
- attend and participate in annual meetings
- receive and review HFHWR's annual financial statement
- vote on matters put forward for approval, including the election of directors
- hear about any other business, including reports on HFHWR's growth
- approve the by-laws and any amendments
- approve signficant changes to the purpose of HFHWR
Intersted in becoming a member? Fill out the membership form or contact our administrative office (519-747-0664 Ext.0) for more information. Please note that all membership forms must be submitted ten (10) days before each year's annual general meeting. Dates will be posted accordingly each year. We will also request a signature at the annual general meeting for each membership. Thank you for helping us break the cycle of poverty.