Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region (HabitatWR) was founded by a group of passionate volunteers in 1988. To ensure that this passion remains at the heart of our mission, we need motivated and disciplined leadership. As a result, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about empowering families through homeownership, and wish to become members of our organization. This is an excellent opportunity to have voice concerning HabitatWR's future direction, and to impact this community in a meaningful way.
Become a member!
Members play an integral role in the governance of HabitatWR, and are a distinct grouping because members have important legal rights, and obligations as determined by legislation governing not-for-profit corporations. These rights include, among other things, the right to:
- attend and participate in annual meetings
- receive and review HabitatWR's annual financial statement
- vote on matters put forward for approval, including the election of directors
- hear about any other business, including reports on HabitatWR's growth
- approve the by-laws and any amendments
- approve signficant changes to the purpose of HabitatWR
Intersted in becoming a member? Please contact our Administrative Coordinator 519-747-0664 Ext. 240