Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
Build Site Assistant
Build Site Supervisor
The role of the Build Site Assistant is to provide support to the entire build team. The assistant plays an essential hands-on role in working with staff and volunteers as we build and finish homes on the build site.
This is a 7 week contract position at 40 hours per week; $14.50 per hour compensation
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program
- As part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, and in accordance to the nature of this position, applicants must be youth aged between 16-30 and either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a Refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Desire to primarily work outdoors
- Construction knowledge is preferred, but not necessary
- Willingness to learn and follow construction safety and COVID-19 protocols
- Responsible and energetic
- Excellent personal engagement, listening and leadership
- Enjoy working with people and helping others to succeed
- Provide proof of an acceptable Police Records Check working with vulnerable populations to ensure the safety and security of our youth and elderly volunteers.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Chris McCracken, Build Site Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the form below
We are looking to hire as soon as possible.
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.