Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region (HabitatWR) works in communities, bringing partners together to create affordable home ownership opportunities and to build strength, stability and independence for low income families in Waterloo Region. HabitatWR endeavours to reflect the diversity of the community we serve in its Board and Staff.
The CEO will be a collaborative leader creating a stable and leading organization, guiding a talented build team in multiple locations. As a dynamic leader who is a clear communicator, diplomatic and credible at all levels, the CEO will have demonstrated an ability to foster an environment of transparency and open communication, collaboration, and trust.
The CEO is responsible for the strategic, programmatic, financial and administrative operations of HabitatWR. With an excellent track record in community outreach and the building of strong networks, the successful candidate will bring demonstrated creativity and innovation, vision, imagination and patience to the following specific responsibilities:
• Advancing the strategic direction of the organization
• Actively support an organizational culture of learning and development
• Identify and grow effective partnerships
• Prioritize a positive, inclusive and safe workplace for staff and volunteers
• Continuously seek to improve the long-term sustainability of the organization and increase our impact in the community year over year.
• 7 years or more of leadership experience, including in a senior role.
• Relevant post-secondary education.
• Knowledge or experience with the not-the-profit sector is an asset.
• Strong financial knowledge and/or experience is an asset.
• The ability to create effective networks and build exceptional relationships with diverse external partners and stakeholders.
• The ability to inspire enthusiasm, broad commitment and organizational capability for the vision, mission and strategic plan.
• Demonstrated courage, curiosity and intellectual capacity to identify solutions to complex problems and effectively translate that into tangible goals.
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• A commitment to supporting, coaching and mentoring staff to achieve their personal best and organizational excellence.
• Leads by example within the organization and demonstrates accountability for personal behaviours and practices.
Please apply to this job via the posting on Indeed.ca
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2020
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.