Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
ReStore Associate / Warehouse Support
Waterloo ReStore Manager
Working closely with volunteers and staff, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandising and managing donation drop offs and adhere to health and safety policies and procedures in a fast paced, warehouse environment.
This is an 8 week contract position with possibility of extension at 40 hours per week; $14.50 per hour compensation
· Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 PMpm Tuesday through Saturday
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which include greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Ensure the adherence to pricing and sales policies and procedures.
- Product merchandising within a fast-paced environment where inventory is constantly changing
- Assisting with off-loading truck deliveries
- Assist in floor merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Maintaining good consistent store standards and conditions.
- Maintaining COVID cleaning standards, including constant cleaning, mask wearing as well as other implemented policies
- Ability to work Tuesday through Saturday each week.
- Retail and cash experience is an asset.
- Warehouse experience is an asset.
- CSA Approved Footwear
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to handle merchandise weighing up to 50-70lbs
- Provide proof of an acceptable Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check working with populations to ensure the safety and security of our youth and elderly volunteers.
- Dry, dusty warehouse, cool or hot temperatures depending on the day
- Some outdoor work
Training and Supervision
- Basic orientation will be provided in the first week of employment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ann Jordan, Waterloo ReStore Manager at email@example.com or apply through the form below
Posting closes on Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 11:59PM
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.