Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
ReStore Associate - Salvage
Waterloo ReStore Manager (RM)
The ReStore Associate-Salvage is a member of the ReStore staff team with primary responsibility for the kitchen salvage program. He/She is responsible for strategic and tactical direction and day-to-day management of all HabitatWR salvage and deconstruction. Reporting to the Waterloo ReStore Manager and working with the ReStore Managers, staff and the volunteer team, the RA-salvage has direct responsibility for successful execution of HabitatWR’s salvage program. Additionally the person will provide in-store support and supplementary pickup duties as time allows.
· 30 - 40 hours per week (flex hours may be required)
. Overtime may be required
Duties and Responsibilities
Salvage Project management:
- In conjunction with ReStore Manager pre-inspect and value potential salvage projects.
- Maintain current listing of all projects – pending and completed including donor contact information, value of project, inventory of materials salvaged, volunteer hours, contractor or designer referral, If any.
- Update Outlook Calendar with project info. Including pictures.
- Recruit and train volunteers to ensure consistency of crews.
- Assess volunteer requirements for each project.
- Liaise with donor re. timelines and scope of project
- Schedule volunteers for each project, including tracking of volunteer hours.
- In cooperation with volunteer crew leader provide on-site supervision where appropriate.
- Schedule salvage vehicle to ensure drop-off/pickup of all material and tools from jobsite.
- Monitor maintenance and repair on designated salvage vehicle to ensure regular service.
- Maintain equipment/tool inventory and report damaged equipment, recommend repairs or replacement as needed.
ReStore Duties :
- Perform supplemental ReStore pickups and work with store managers on instore projects and displays
- Perform routine facility maintenance as required or notify managers of needed maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
- Knowledge of building materials and deconstruction methods.
- Knowledge of cabinet construction would be an asset.
- Mid level DIY knowledge acquired through direct experience.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including use of power tools and other equipment.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License must be maintained
- CSA footwear req’d
- Current Police Record Check req’d.
- Use of own vehicle may be required
- As determined on hire
- Code of Conduct adherence
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rob Snider, ReStore Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the form below
Posting closes upon hiring of successful applicant
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.