Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
Warehouse / Customer Service Associate
The Warehouse / Customer Service Associate is a member of the ReStore staff team with responsibility for a variety of duties related to warehouse and retail (thrift) store setting as outlined below.
· Full-time and Part-time positions available
· Rate of Pay: $16.50 per hour
· Start Date : Immediately
· 3 month Probationary Period
Duties and Responsibilities
- Warehouse - offloading product from trucks. Must have ability to perform heavy lifting on regular basis (e.g. 50 lbs)
- Store maintenance, cleaning, cashier duties, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise. loading customer purchases into vehicles.
- Screening and receiving household donations.
- Volunteer Engagement
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills - enjoys dealing with the public
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Polite, Punctual, Reliable
- Safety Boots (CSA green patch)
- Current Police Record Check req’d.
- Varies – (includes weekends)
- Schedule to be determined upon hire.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rob Snider, ReStore Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the form below
Posting closes once position is filled
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.