Chief Financial Officer
The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support for the Board of Directors in concert with the CEO, the CFO, and will provide a leadership role in the internal communication and co-ordination of HabitatWR activities.
This is a full time position at 37.5 hours per week based out of our Northfield Drive office.
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 PM
- Some mornings, evenings and weekends will be required for meetings and events.
- Some travel off site, including visits to our construction sites may be required.
Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Our model of affordable homeownership bridges a gap for lower-income, working families by providing them with the opportunity to purchase their own Habitat home. Habitat for Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability, and self- reliance through affordable homeownership.
Duties and responsibilities
Board of Directors Administration (40%)
- Responsible for the logistics associated with Board and Board Committee meetings including sending invitations, reminders, minute taking, catering requirements, technology support and the preparation of and distribution of all meeting materials.
- Act as the conduit of information and communication for Board and Board Committee members.
- Coordinate Annual General Meeting.
- Maintain the Board of Directors Orientation Manual and the Board of Directors and Board Committees files and binders.
- Habitat Canada Standards of Excellence.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Ensure functioning of office equipment including printers, fax machine and all the ordering of all necessary office supplies.
- Manage incoming communication, via phone, mail and fax.
Financial & CRM Administration (40%)
- Enter daily ReStore sales reports into Spire.
- Financial Administration: Bank deposit preparation, tracking invoices, reconciliation of credit card, mileage and expense accounts.
- Processing of accounts payable and preparation of cheques in Spire.
- Interface with our external IT consultants and HabitatWR staff to track all IT work required and to bring issues to resolution.
- Experience with minute taking is desired.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Strong skills working with computer software programs and databases, including Google Docs, Salesforce and Spire.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and often conflicting demands.
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills.
- Diligent, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, Board Members, volunteers, donors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer
- A dedicated staff team, working towards the same goals
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible schedule within our core business hours
- A learning organization, with a focus on personal and professional development
Please submit resume and cover letter to Susie Gutri, Chief Financial Officer through the form below
Posting closes on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM
HabitatWR is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HabitatWR is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.