Build Site Assistant
Build Site Supervisor
The role of the Build Site Assistant is to provide support to the entire build team. The assistant plays an essential hands-on role in working with staff and volunteers as we build and finish homes on the build site.
This role will assist the Build and Build Site Supervisors in mentoring and directing volunteers with all tasks associated with the build project. In addition to constructing our current block of 6 town homes this position will also participate in site cleanup, landscaping, fence building, and general maintenance of the entire complex (45-unit town homes). Site safety, personal safety and the safety of all our staff and volunteers is a key priority.
This is a 16-week contract position at 40 hours per week; $15.00 per hour compensation;
· Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (hours may flex due to the nature of the work)
- As part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, and in accordance to the nature of this position, applicants must be youth aged between 16-30 and either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a Refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Desire to primarily work outdoors
- Construction knowledge is preferred, but not necessary
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs, as well as walking up stairs on an active build site.
- Willingness to learn and follow construction safety
- Responsible and energetic
- Excellent personal engagement, listening and leadership
- Enjoy working with people and helping the team succeed
- Provide proof of an acceptable Police Records Check to ensure the safety and security of our youth and elderly volunteers.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Chris McCracken, Build Site Supervisor
Application deadline: May 5, 2022
Habitat Waterloo Region is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities it serves. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Habitat Waterloo Region is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.