Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
120 Northfield Drive East, Waterloo
242 Kehl St., Kitchener
4 hour shift
Volunteer 1-2 shifts. After this time, a commitment of 10 shifts over 3 months is required.
To build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
To carry out the stated mission of Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region. Volunteer Administrative Supports assist with office support work when required.
Volunteer Services staff
- Data entry
- Respond to general email and phone inquiries
- Assist with special events as needed
- Assist with marketing and communication plans as needed
- Assist in collating information
Qualifications and/or Skills
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to learn
- Some office experience an asset
Orientation and Training
- Habitat Waterloo Region Volunteer Orientation
- AODA certificate completion (Required topics for the customer service standard training)
- Lengthy periods of sitting
- Computer work
- Intial trial period
- Must be willing to submit to a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check
- Oath of confidentiality
- Reference checks
- Gain satisfaction helping local families in need purchase safe, decent, affordable housing
- Develop administrative skills
- Represent Habitat Waterloo Region in a positive manner
- Accurately enter and update data into our databases
- Provide timely response to inquiries
Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region supports diversity, inclusion and representation of the people, organizations, and communities we work with and serve.
This position is one which requires a unique interviewing and/or training process. If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com.