Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We work to bring our community together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for low-income families in Waterloo Region.
Retail & Warehouse Associate
120 Northfield Drive East, Waterloo ReStore
200 Preston Parkway, Cambridge ReStore
4 or 8 hour shifts – During ReStore Hours
Volunteer 1-2 shifts. After this time, a commitment of 10 shifts over 3 months is required.
To build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
To carry out the stated mission of Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region. Retail & Warehouse Associates assist in the day-to-day operation of Habitat ReStores.
ReStore and Volunteer Services staff
- Provide customer service
- Receive and process donations
- Maintain store standards and conditions by cleaning and organizing
- Assist customers in taking purchases to their vehicles
- Assemble products and displays
- Assist with product merchandising
- Price products, with direction from staff
- Ensure safety at all times
Qualifications and/or Skills
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Some knowledge of building materials is an asset but not necessary
- Willingness to learn
- Must be at least 16 years of age
Orientation and Training
- Habitat Waterloo Region Volunteer Orientation and Safety Training
- Completion of a safety quiz
- Tour of ReStores
- Dry, dusty warehouse
- Cool/hot temperature, dependent on time of year
- Some outdoor work
- Satisfaction of helping local families in need purchase safe, decent, affordable housing
- Develop customer service and warehouse skills
- Meet new people and build long-term relationships
Health & Safety
- Green patch, CSA-approved footwear (available to borrow)
- No excessively loose clothing or dangling jewelry
- Represent Habitat Waterloo Region in a positive manner
- Actively participate in the day-to-day requirements of a warehouse
- Tidy workspaces prior to leaving
- Create a safe workspace by following all safety protocols
Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region supports diversity, inclusion and representation of the people, organizations, and communities we work with and serve.
Get started on volunteering today!
The first step is to register for and attend an orientation. To do that, go to VolHub (our volunteer scheduling app) and create an account.
Click here to get started:
Register to Volunteer
Sign up for shifts here:
Sign up a for shift