HabitatWR has been building community and transforming the lives of hard-working low-income families since 1988 in Waterloo Region. Our Mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
Community Outreach Associate
Relationship Specialist Reporting To Director of Community Outreach
The Community Outreach Associate – Relationship Specialist, will provide ongoing support to our donors. By managing information in our database and coordinating stewardship efforts, they will have a firm grasp on who our donors are, why they partner with us, and what they need to remain engaged. They will also provide leadership for some of our key fundraising events. They are organized, detail-oriented and people-focused all with the goal of growing our relationships with our financial donors from the time the donation is received until we have thanked them by demonstrating the impact that donation has made.
June 9, 2019
Duties and responsibilities
Relationship and Research Management - 30%
- Stewarding ongoing relationships with key stakeholders according to the organizational stewardship plan, including event management for recognition initiatives.
- Researching prospective donors, supporting active solicitation programs to understand the needs and desires of potential stakeholders.
- Support and help grow the Team Build and Women Build programs
- Identify grant funding opportunities; writing, submitting and managing grant proposals; furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents
Events - 30%
- Oversee the execution of our main fundraising events (e.g. Annual Golf Tournament and Fall Fundraiser).
CRM Management - 40%
- Processing of accounts receivable, including entering data into Salesforce, processing credit card donations, bank deposit preparation, issuing receipts, preparing donor-related information through reports for the Community Outreach Team.
Note: The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Strong skills working with computer software programs and CRM databases.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and often conflicting demands.
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills.
- Diligent, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, Board Members, volunteers, donors, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Please note – this is a full-time, 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.