We have reopened our ReStores in Waterloo and Cambridge from Tuesday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for shopping and donations. Our entire team has worked tirelessly to ensure our store environment is a safe place for everyone.
· We have developed a strong and comprehensive Health & Safety strategy and implementation plan with protocols to protect everyone in our ReStores.
· Our entire ReStore team has undergone training.
· We have a well-stocked inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - including masks - that in concert with our usual PPE, will ensure that our team is well supported.
· Coupled with this, we have purchased appropriate support signage and support materials to direct and foster appropriate physical distancing both for our customers and our staff. Like all retail establishments, we will limit the number of people in a store at a given time.
· Both our front- and back-of-house ReStore areas in all stores undergo regular, thorough cleaning and tidying.
We look forward to seeing you at the ReStore again. In order to keep our customers, volunteers and staff, we are limiting the numbers of people in the stores at a time. We also ask that if you are exhibiting any COVID-related symptoms that you please stay home and get well before returning to shopping with us.
We have begun to reintegrate our key volunteers into our daily ReStore environment. Please stay tuned for more information specific to our volunteer program as it becomes available to more people.
We are also in the early stages of resuming our construction program for the summer and beginning to set work schedules that will enable us to complete more homes for more Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region families in 2020. At this time, we have welcomed back our Volunteer Team Leads to the build site. Please watch our volunteer page for details on when we will open up to more volunteers.
Our office staff are slowly transitioning back to office hours, and continue to work primarily from home. We are still available to serve you. If you need to meet with one of our staff, please contact us to set up a time.
For information on how to self-isolate, and other details around the coronavirus, please visit the Region of Waterloo website: